Gregory Summer Reading Incentive Program
Dear 5th Grade Families:
As you enjoy the last days of school, don’t forget to grab a book! All Gregory students are encouraged to participate in the Pioneers, Read! summer reading incentive. It’s easy and fun!
1. Sign up for Naperville Public Library’s Summer Reading Program
2. Read one or more middle school appropriate chapter books over the summer-the choice is yours!
3. As you finish each book, complete a Flip Grid Recommendation Video.
4. All videos are due by 3:00 Friday, August 21, 2020.
5. Participants who enter recommendation videos will win candy, gum, and/or free books!
6. For each video recommendation you submit, you will be entered into a drawing to win
various gift cards. You can further boost your reading rewards by simultaneously enrolling in the reading incentive programs available this summer through
1. your public library, and
2. Barnes and Noble (grades 1-6: https://bit.ly/2X1l1iC).
3. PLEASE CHECK THE GOOGLE SLIDES REGULARLY! I will add more programs as places
open up for the summer!
Tap into all of these incentives! You can double or triple dip with the books that you read and the community programs offered. Unfortunately, we are not able to host a physical summer reading day this summer. Please use the e-resources linked here.
Have a safe and happy summer- one that includes plenty of time for relaxing with some good books! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Mrs. Bevan and the Gregory ELA Department
Cut and paste this letter for the hyperlinks:
Google Slides explaining the program: