WELCOME TO THE ELL HOME PAGE
Meet Ms. Adams
Mrs. Adams began teaching ELL at Spring Brook in 2013. Before coming to Spring Brook, she taught 3rd grade in District 203. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Northern Illinois University and her Master of Arts in Reading Instruction from Aurora University. She has lived in Naperville for the majority of her life and graduated from Naperville Central High School. Her favorite part of teaching is helping the students develop a love for lifelong learning. In her free time, Mrs. Adams likes to read, camp, travel, and spend time with her family.
Students receive ELL services based on two models of instruction: push-in and pull-out and depend on the needs of the student.
- Instruction takes place in the students’ grade level classrooms.
- Materials and strategies are appropriate for all students and are specifically adapted to meet the needs of ELL students.
- Students receive ESL services outside of their regular classrooms.
- Instruction takes place in small group settings.
- Students are grouped by grade level.
- ESL instruction is based on district grade level curriculum; therefore, students are not missing core content while out of the classroom.
- Materials and strategies correlate with students’ English proficiency levels.
The goals of the ELL program are:
- To develop English skills while learning grade-level appropriate academic content.
- To develop academic English language proficiency to assist students in meeting Illinois Learning Standards as well as the Illinois English Language Proficiency Standards.