Weekly Message - March 22, 2021
Hello Spring Brook Parents –
Safety at Arrival/Dismissal
Please remember to adhere to the following guidelines regarding arrival and dismissal:
-Only cross the street at crosswalks. Students have been crossing the middle of the street to get to their car which creates an unsafe situation.
-Do not use your cellphone while driving your car.
-When dropping students off, pull all the way forward, do not pass other cars and turn right out of the drop off lane.
-Do not park on the side of the street where signage is posted.
The next PTA meeting will be held on Thursday, March 25, at 7:00pm.
All members will receive a Zoom link via email.
We hope you can join us!
Go Around the World at Spring Brook!
Spring Brook PTA is excited to announce our upcoming live zoom event "Go Around the World at Spring Brook!" This will be our first live zoom event where with the help of our SB students, we all can go around the world! It will take place during the week of April 26th. Due to kids going back full time from April 13th, we won't be able to decide the exact day/s and time for that week for now, but as soon as we have the information, we will forward it to you.
Below is the link of a google form which gives you details about the event. Please read through the details and if you have any questions then contact Swati Mehta: email@example.com. Please review the google form and submit your interest by MARCH31st. To make this event successful we definitely need participation from our students and support from our parents!
LINK FOR THE GOOGLE FORM: Go Around the World at Spring Brook!
Great news Spring Brook families! We know that many of you want a school yearbook this year and we are going to make it happen. The PTA will work with HR Imaging and Spring Brook staff to submit photos of our students. This school year we will not have professional pictures taken, but you will be able to submit your students' picture directly to the company.
Here are the steps (you will do it separately for each child you have):
1) Go to hrimaging.wetransfer.com
2) You will see a small text box on the left hand side.
3) Enter your email and in the message field put:
1) School Name (Spring Brook Elementary)
2) Students First and Last Name
4) Teacher's Name
4) Upload your picture under "Add your file" (takes 5 minutes)
Tips for taking pictures:
1) Hold your phone vertically, get close to your student, Don't photograph into the light, instead have the light source be behind you.
2) Include their head and shoulders. The company wants space on top of their head in the picture.
3) Take the picture against a solid colored background instead of a building or a car.
4) Use the highest resolution on your camera to get a good picture. Take lots of pictures but only pick 1 to upload.
The deadline to submit pictures is Friday,April 16th. We will send a link later to order the actual yearbook.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Luciana Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cub Scout Pack 887 is an active year-round family scouting unit chartered by Wheatland Salem Church in Naperville, IL. We are home to over 35 girl and boy scouts in grades K-5 from the 204 school district, primarily Spring Brook and Builta Elementary although we serve any girl or boy interested in advancing along the Cub Scout Trail. Pack 887 is a community of friends and family guiding our scouts to do their best!
Have a great week! - Dave
Cub Scouts (